S.T.A.R. Foundation of Monterey County (Support The Arts Regionally) was founded in 2009 to support youth-related theatrical arts throughout Monterey County. In the fall of 2013 it changed focus to include youth-related performing arts. Studies show that participation in, and expression through, the arts helps to develop a young person’s thinking skills and and social interactions. As the student’s awareness of his own identity and his environment are explored, his understanding of the world around him deepens. It is S.T.A.R. Foundation’s hope to better society by providing the stage whereby personal discovery can occur. Educational programs can be a vital vehicle for this growth. But, often times, the financial support for the continuity of these programs is either insufficient or not forthcoming. S.T.A.R. Foundation provides needed funding for the enrichment of arts programs currently existing in our schools and community organizations, and assists in developing new youth programs where there are none. It is the belief of the Board of Directors of S.T.A.R. Foundation that the power of self-discovery and identity is the key to cooperative societal interaction. Participation through positive multi-cultural performing arts programs is an important aspect in understanding all people and all ethnicities.
501(c) (3) EIN 26-3386730 IRSNonProfitLet4-09
The S.T.A.R. Foundation board will review grant applications twice a year. The application deadlines are January 15 and August 15 of each year. The S.T.A.R. Foundation of Monterey County supports youth-related performing arts activities in Monterey County. We provide support for programs operating under the umbrella of a non-profit organization in Monterey County, CA. For more info: https://starfoundationmc.org/?p=981
Annual Deadline May 15 S.T.A.R. Foundation Performing Arts Scholarships
The S.T.A.R. Foundation of Monterey County (Support The Arts Regionally) Scholarship program exists to help graduating Monterey County high school seniors pursue their interest in the performing arts beyond the secondary school setting. Scholarship awards are available for students having an interest in acting, musical theater, vocal and/or instrumental music, related technical skills, playwriting, performing arts management in a college or in an extracurricular prog ram. Depending on available funds, students attending a two-year college will receive $500. each year. Students attending a four-year college will receive $1000. per year. The awards will be announced at the end of the 2019-20 academic school year.
HOW TO APPLY: interested students must submit the following by May 15, 2021.
1) A completed S.T.A.R. Foundation Scholarship application 21-22 TEMPLATE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION 3
2) An essay of no less than 200, nor more than 400, words explaining your interests and experience in the performing arts.
3) Two letters of recommendation: one from your high school arts teacher and, if applicable, one from a mentor/director in participation outside of school. If there is no one outside of school then ask someone who knows you well and can vouch for your talent and ability. Please make sure that the contact information of those submitting a recommendation on your behalf is included on your application.
May be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW IT WORKS: Once chosen to receive the scholarship students must submit:
- Proof of registration as a full-time college student in a two or four-year program.
- Proof of participation in performing arts-related course OR a letter from an extracurricular program.
At that time the scholarship will be sent to the student. The scholarship is renewable for each of the four years of undergraduate education by submitting the same proof of participation each year and providing the student maintains a C average.
ATTENTION CURRENT SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS: You are eligible to receive the scholarship each year so please be sure to submit the proof listed above. You may do this via email to email@example.com