Deadline for the next cycle is June 15, 2017
S.T.A.R. Foundation: Guidelines for Grants
The S.T.A.R. Foundation of Monterey County supports youth-related performing arts activities in Monterey County. We provide support for programs operating under the umbrella of a non-profit organization. Our grants are designed to supplement existing programs by providing funding for capital technical expense (e.g., lighting, sound and musical equipment), augment instruction by providing guest artists/docents in acting, make-up, scenic, sound and lighting design, maintenance of musical instruments, and more. Please note that the foundation does not fund salaries, operating costs or office/publicity materials. We also will fund reimbursement of discounted or free tickets for students and their families for local productions. The Board of Directors will entertain ideas and approve funding on a quarterly basis. There are no deadlines to apply. Board meetings take place normally in August/September, November/December, February/March and May/June.
- Must be a non-profit
- Must relate to youth-related performing arts, elementary age through college
- Must submit a budget
- Budget must highlight youth related line items.
- Must show other sources of funding.
- Musical instruments and supplies
- Maintenance of musical instruments
- Sound and lighting equipment
- Permanent stage elements.
- Ticket subsidies- once poof of cost has been submitted
- Tuition assistance
- Matching grants
- Occasional transportation help
We do not fund:
- Salaried staff
- Script cost- (normally rentals)
- No personnel costs except for something necessary i.e. flying specialists for Peter Pan
- General operating costs
Debatable by case:
- set or costume costs
- space rental
- guest teachers/workshops
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested organizations should send to Susanne Mentzer, Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a letter and attachment (via email is fine) explaining the program and needs
- any budgetary information, including sources of other funding, estimates of equipment costs
- information as to whom the program serves
- and a Profit/Loss statement if available
- proof of 501 (c) 3 status
Please visit home page for deadlines.