- Founded in October of 2008 by Reg Huston
- non-profit status granted by the IRS on April 2, 2009
- summer 2010, investment with Community Foundation of Monterey County
- 2010 commissioned reduced orchestral arrangement of Amahl and the Night Visitors by Steve Tosh
- 2010 Grant totals: $43,017.
- 2011 the first paid administrative assistant for the S.T.A.R. Foundation
- Reg Huston listed as Founder and Executive Director
- 2011 sponsored summer master class with Susanne Mentzer for area students at HVMS
- Aug. 2011 sponsored mezzo-soprano Susanne Mentzer recital HVMS
- Oct. 2011 sponsored soprano Cyndia Sieden Recital HVMS
- Dec. 2011 sponsored free duet recital with Susanne Mentzer and Linda Watson at HVMS
- 2011 Grant totals: summer- $38,989. winter-$48,505.
- Dec. 2012 co- sponsor with Steinbeck Center: Tandy Beal Dance “Mixed Nutz”
- 2012, college scholarship program started: 8 theater student scholarships of $1000. each (renewable) awarded to: Max Huston, Collin MacDowell, Bianca Castillo, Cody Lee, Emily Phillips,
- 2012 Grant totals: summer- $33,5202. winter-$106,770.15
- 2013: scholarship recipients: Emily Hunter, Emily Philips,Lana Richards, Lindsay Arellano, Sarah Gordon
- June 2013 sponsored a visit from the Little Theater for the Deaf from Connecticut for workshops and performances at Steinbeck Center
- 2013 Grant totals: summer- $48,681.38, winter-$78,799.
- Fall 2013: mission changed to include all performing arts relating to youth
- 2013-14 sponsor of American Sign Language for deaf and hard of hearing students at area school productions
- special project grants to date: $43,000 (Monterey Symphony, National Little Theater for the Deaf, Steinbeck Center)
- 2014 scholarship recipients: Miguel Valdiva, Sofia Sarlat, Miranda Perl, Shaquira Robinson, Ashley Yukihro, Evvyn Essert, Catherine Alexandra Moore, Noah Reeves
- grant for PacRep building fund $50,000. total commitment over five years
- Grant totals for 2014: $182,633
- Grant totals for 2015: $210,123.
- 2015 scholarship recipients: Paul Davis, Joshua Reeves, Jordyn Palma, Ireland McCartin, Claire Moorer, Cameron Poletti, Symphonie Constant, Ian Clark, Vanessa Aguilar, Konrad Ehresman
- 2015: Fundraising concert at La Mirada, Museum Monterey 9/11/15 “Beside the Golden Door”