PRESS RELEASE: June 2014
The S.T.A.R. Foundation of Monterey County (Support Theater Arts Regionally) Announces Recent Grants and Scholarships
This round of grants brings the total to over $600,000. since 2010.
> The S.T.A.R. Foundation of Monterey County is happy to announce the latest grants awarded in June 2014
- Santa Catalina School summer camp: $5000.
- Trinity Christian High School $2500.
- Caminos del Arte $4850.
> The S.T.A.R. Foundation of Monterey County is happy to announce the latest grants awarded April 1 to May 6, 2014
- Pacific Repertory Theatre, $15,000. to upgrade the sound system
- Youth Orchestra Salinas, $5000.
- Youth Music Monterey, $5000.
- Hidden Valley Music Seminars, $5000.
- Spector Dance, $5000
- Sol Treasures, King City, $4600
- Stage Hands, King City, $2700
- Stage Kids- Big Sur, $5250
- Monterey Bay Charter School, $5000.
>CONGRATULATIONS! The following graduating high school seniors will each receive a $1000. college scholarships from the S.T.A.R. Foundation of MC for achievement in the performing arts.
- Miguel Valdiva, Alisal High School, Salinas
- Sofia Sarlat, Monterey High School
- Evyn Essert, Notre Dame High School, Salinas
- Catherine Alexandra Moreland, Carmel High School
- Miranda Perl, Trinity High School, Monterey
- Shaquira Robinson, Trinity High School, Monterey
- Ashley Yukihiro, Trinity High School, Monterey
> The Foundation funded this year’s American Sign Language program enabling deaf and hard of hearing children to attend performances at All Saints’ School in Carmel and Santa Catalina School in Monterey.
>The S.T.A.R. Foundation of MC has a commitment of $50,000. to the Pacific Repertory Capital Building Campaign.
> The Foundation has awarded a matching grant of $10,000 to the Monterey Pennisula College Theater Charitable Trust.