THE S.T.A.R. FOUNDATION OF MONTEREY COUNTY ANNOUNCES LATEST GRANTS
Since its inception in 2009 the Foundation has distributed grants amounting to a total of over $825,000.00
The following groups have been awarded grants in September 2015:
- Sol Treasures, King City: $5000.00 for the new High School musical program
- Monterey Jazz Festival: $6000.00 to be used for the Traveling Clinician Program
- PacRep: $3225. for SoDA (School of Dramatic Arts) scholarships and tickets for community youth to attend performances.
- Camerata Singers: $250.00 music for Futures (youth) and up to $2500.00 for tickets for youth to attend performances.
- Occhiata Foundation: $10,000. In School Presentation in preparation for Metropolitan Opera Cinema for 3000 plus students
- The Monterey Museum/La Mirada hosted a benefit concert on September 11, 2015 – “Beside the Golden Door”-
The event brought in nearly $1500.00 to fund college scholarships for students involved in the performing arts.
- The Paraphrase Production performances in August 2015 of “Little Shop of Horrors” netted $700.00 after their costs.
For more information go to starfoundationmc.org OR contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Reg Huston, Founder and Executive Director , P.O. Box 2538 Salinas, CA 93902