THE S.T.A.R. FOUNDATION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING SCHOLARSHIP REQUESTS
SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION
S.T.A.R. Foundation Performing Arts Scholarship Awards for 2020-2021
The S.T.A.R. Foundation of Monterey County (Support The Arts Regionally) Scholarship program exists to help graduating Monterey County high school seniors pursue their interest in the performing arts beyond the secondary school setting. Scholarship awards are available for students having an interest in acting, musical theater, vocal and/or instrumental music, related technical skills, playwriting, performing arts management in a college or in an extracurricular program. Depending on available funds, students attending a two-year college will receive $500. each year. Students attending a four-year college will receive $1000. per year. The awards will be announced at the end of the 2019-20 academic school year.
HOW TO APPLY: interested students must submit the following by May 15, 2020.
1) A completed S.T.A.R. Foundation Scholarship application STAR FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION 3
2) An essay of no less than 200, nor more than 400, words explaining your interests and experience in the performing arts.
3) Two letters of recommendation: one from your high school arts teacher and, if applicable, one from a mentor/director in participation outside of school. If there is no one outside of school then ask someone who knows you well and can vouch for your talent and ability. Please make sure that the contact information of those submitting a recommendation on your behalf is included on your application.
May be submitted via email to email@example.com
HOW IT WORKS: Once chosen to receive the scholarship students must submit:
- Proof of registration as a full-time college student in a two or four-year program.
- Proof of participation in performing arts-related course OR a letter from an extracurricular program.
At that time the scholarship will be sent to the student. The scholarship is renewable for each of the four years of undergraduate education by submitting the same proof of participation each year and providing the student maintains a C average.
ATTENTION CURRENT SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS: You are eligible to receive the scholarship each year so please be sure to submit the proof listed above. You may do this via email to firstname.lastname@example.org